- Skip to main content
- Skip to secondary menu
- Skip to primary sidebar
- Skip to footer
A Plus Topper
Improve your Grades
9 Sample Request Letters | Template, Format, How To Write Sample Request Letters?
February 15, 2023 by Prasanna
Sample Request Letters: A letter of request can be written for various reasons; for example, it could be a request for change in a contract, an endorsement or a testimonial request for assistance, a request for permission, or a letter’s issuance.
The letters of request will guide you about the style and arrangements of good request letters. A letter of request is an authoritative document and should be written formally.
- First, analyse and decide who is the best person to ask for a favour or request.
- A letter of request is written like a business letter as it is a formal letter.
- The letter should have your name, position, title, address and contact information.
- The letter should address the recipient clearly and properly.
- Stay polite and to the point.
- Keep your letter simple and without any confusion.
The beginning of the letter should be a friendly greeting. It would be best to state what you are asking for and the level of advice you need. In some cases, you might have to convince the receiver for a requested issue. The overall tone of the letter should be valid and to the point. Before posting your letter, you should read your letter. Please leave your contact details to make it easier for the recipient to contact you when needed. Close your letter with a sense of appreciation.
Get Other Types of Letter Writing like Formal, Informal and Different Types of Letter Writing Samples.
Sample Request Letters to Order Books
Sender Name Company Name Date
Recipient Name Designation Company Name
We, at X and Y, are pleased to be associated with you. We apologise to apprise you that we have not received a copy of your agreement with us as was assured by you. We need to observe the original copy to decide about your proposal. It will be of tremendous help if you look into the matter at the earliest.
Any further delay from your side will waste our precious time since our course of action depends on the terms stated in the contract. Hence we ask you to forward us a copy at the earliest.
We look forward to your communication. You can call me at 1600 678 for any further clarifications.
Thanks and Regards,
Lisa Doe, Director.
Sample Request Letters for Products
Date Address Name Company Name Street Address or P.O. Box City, State, Zip
I am writing to you today to request information on your company’s [mention products or services you are interested in]. My company produces [information about your company’s work similar to your request], and we are exploring different suppliers. I am very excited about finding out if your company’s [mention goods or services] may satisfy our requirements.
Please provide details about the products specified here and any additional offerings that you feel may meet our needs. You can learn more about [insert name of letter writer’s company] at [www.insert-web-address-here.com]. You may present information through mail or email using the addresses below.
Regards, [Sign your name here] Sender Name Sender Company Insert Company Name
Funds Request Letter
Your Name Address State, ZIP Code
Name Title Organisation Name Address State, Pincode
ABZ is a social service agency in this country, serving the requirements of households at risk. We recently bought a house, but it needs significant improvements and restorations to comply with city construction codes. The counselling office also requires office furniture and accessories, especially a photocopier.
Your organisation can support us by giving funds in the form of a donation or distributing goods and services. A copy of our tax-exempt document is attached.
Thank you for your assistance.
Sincerely, Your Name Title Enclosure
Request for a Teacher’s Recommendation Letter
Date recommendation needed
Please write a generic letter of reference on my behalf of the universities scholarship or other programs listed below. Please provide an honest evaluation of my work ethic, learning practices, analytic skill, and personal strengths.
Please insert any anecdotal remarks that you believe would be important to my evaluation. I realise that this proposal will be delivered to the university without my prior review. I also understand that I waive my right to future access to this letter’s contents in making this request.
Thank you, Student signature Name
Request Sample Letter to Principal
Dear Principal Name,
As per our recent conversation, please accept this letter as an official request for your consent to hold a “mock crash” at [mention school name] on [mention date]. This initiative will teach students about the (mention the details). On (mention the date), we will be ordering a wrecked vehicle to be dragged to the school for the mock crash.
Please see that we will be taking care of all other aspects of the “mock crash” setup. We understand that you will guarantee that this does not violate any guidelines set by our school committee. Please contact our sponsor teacher for any problems or queries. Thank you for providing us with this opportunity.
Sincerely, Name Student Council
Request Letter for Cheque Book Issuance Format
To, The Branch Manager State Bank of India
Sub: Request for Cheque Book for Savings A/c No. _____
Dear Sir / Madam,
I / we, request you to issue a Cheque Book for Savings A/c No. _______I/ we understand that we are offered the Checheq Book with every Savings A/c. I/ we have read and agreed to the Terms & Conditions of the SBI Savings Account.
Mention (First A/c Holder)
(Second A/c Holder)
(Third A/c Holder)
Tel./ Mobile No
Sample for Request Letter
State, Zip Code
Person Name who owes payment
Re: Late Payment first reminder
A study of our records shows that your account (mention account number) is (days) past due. The refund amount of ____ was due on DATE. Kindly offer this payment immediately. Please be sure to include your account number to expedite proper processing. Acceptable instalment methods are ___________________.
If you have already submitted your debt for processing, please disregard this notice. However, if the amount has not been made, kindly do so promptly. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
Request for a Fellowship Student Recommendation Letter
Please write a generic letter of reference on my behalf for my fellowship program. Please provide an honest evaluation of my working process, my education, skills and activities, and personal strengths.
Please write about the anecdotal remarks that you believe would be important for my recommendation of the fellowship program. I realise that this will be delivered to the institute and I waive my right to future access to this letter’s contents in making this request.
Request Letter Sample
I, Mr. Joselin P, Branch Manager of (mention office name) located at (mention address), request to inform your office obliging to open our long-distance call to our present (Company name) landline no 12300900.
Hoping for your prompt action regarding this matter.
- RS Aggarwal Solutions
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 10
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 9
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 8
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 7
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 6
- Picture Dictionary
- English Speech
- ICSE Solutions
- Selina ICSE Solutions
- ML Aggarwal Solutions
- HSSLive Plus One
- HSSLive Plus Two
- Kerala SSLC
- Distance Education
- EXPLORE Coupons Tech Help Pro Random Article About Us Quizzes Contribute Train Your Brain Game Improve Your English Popular Categories Arts and Entertainment Artwork Books Movies Computers and Electronics Computers Phone Skills Technology Hacks Health Men's Health Mental Health Women's Health Relationships Dating Love Relationship Issues Hobbies and Crafts Crafts Drawing Games Education & Communication Communication Skills Personal Development Studying Personal Care and Style Fashion Hair Care Personal Hygiene Youth Personal Care School Stuff Dating All Categories Arts and Entertainment Finance and Business Home and Garden Relationship Quizzes Cars & Other Vehicles Food and Entertaining Personal Care and Style Sports and Fitness Computers and Electronics Health Pets and Animals Travel Education & Communication Hobbies and Crafts Philosophy and Religion Work World Family Life Holidays and Traditions Relationships Youth
- HELP US Support wikiHow Community Dashboard Write an Article Request a New Article More Ideas...
- EDIT Edit this Article
- PRO Courses New Tech Help Pro New Expert Videos About wikiHow Pro Coupons Quizzes Upgrade Sign In
- Browse Articles
- Quizzes New
- Train Your Brain New
- Improve Your English New
- Support wikiHow
- About wikiHow
- Easy Ways to Help
- Approve Questions
- Fix Spelling
- More Things to Try...
- H&M Coupons
- Hotwire Promo Codes
- StubHub Discount Codes
- Ashley Furniture Coupons
- Blue Nile Promo Codes
- NordVPN Coupons
- Samsung Promo Codes
- Chewy Promo Codes
- Ulta Coupons
- Vistaprint Promo Codes
- Shutterfly Promo Codes
- DoorDash Promo Codes
- Office Depot Coupons
- adidas Promo Codes
- Home Depot Coupons
- DSW Coupons
- Bed Bath and Beyond Coupons
- Lowe's Coupons
- Surfshark Coupons
- Nordstrom Coupons
- Walmart Promo Codes
- Dick's Sporting Goods Coupons
- Fanatics Coupons
- Edible Arrangements Coupons
- eBay Coupons
- Log in / Sign up
- Education and Communications
- Letter Writing
- Request Letters
How to Compose a Professional & Persuasive Request Letter
Last Updated: March 6, 2023 References
Letter of Request Template
Writing a draft, finalizing the letter, preparing to write.
This article was co-authored by Melessa Sargent and by wikiHow staff writer, Dev Murphy . Melessa Sargent is the President of Scriptwriters Network, a non-profit organization that brings in entertainment professionals to teach the art and business of script writing for TV, features and new media. The Network serves its members by providing educational programming, developing access and opportunity through alliances with industry professionals, and furthering the cause and quality of writing in the entertainment industry. Under Melessa's leadership, SWN has won numbers awards including the Los Angeles Award from 2014 through 2021, and the Innovation & Excellence award in 2020. There are 7 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page. This article has been viewed 481,347 times.
Letters of request can serve many purposes, and at some point, you’ll likely have to write one. Whether it's to ask for a charitable contribution, a chance to make up a missed exam, a meeting with an expert in your field, or a document you need for a report you're writing, the style for writing these letters remains the same. If you need to write a request letter and don’t know where to begin, check out our handy guide below to make your letter more professional and persuasive.
Things You Should Know
- Type your letter of request in a single-spaced legible font, like Times New Roman, and maintain an extra space between paragraphs.
- Introduce yourself in the first paragraph, and briefly address why you are writing.
- Describe your request more fully in the body of the letter, maintaining a respectful tone throughout. Be thorough but concise when you make your request.
- Close your letter by letting the recipient know when you need your request fulfilled by (if there is a deadline) and thanking them for their consideration. Sign off politely.
- You may also include a subject line after the recipient's address, but this is optional.
- Some people prefer to receive hard copies of your letter, but in some instances, sending your letter of request as an email may be acceptable. In this case, you won’t need to include the full address of the recipient, but still include your contact info.
- If you know the person you are writing to, you can use their first name, e.g. "Dear Tim." Otherwise, use the person's last name and the proper title, (eg. Dr., Mr., Ms. or Mrs.).
- If you don’t know the name of the person you are writing to, use a salutation like "Dear Sir or Madam," or "To Whom It May Concern."
- If you have had any previous interaction with the recipient of your letter, the opening paragraph is also a good place to remind them of the nature of your association or the contact you've had in the past.
- For example: "I am a student in your drama 101 class," "I'm the president of the Boston Citizens Charity Fund, an organization you've generously donated to for the last 10 years," or "I contacted you last month about the possibility of a class trip to your amusement park."
- Establishing a connection may promote feelings of affinity with you that might increase the chances of your request being granted.
- Be thorough but brief when asking for what you want . Clearly explain what it is you are requesting and why the matter is worthy of consideration, but don't share your life story.
- Leave the reader with no doubt as to what you want. For example: "I'm hoping you'll consider repeating your generous contribution this year," or "I'd like to respectfully request an opportunity to resubmit this paper."
- Be factual, but be courteous, and keep emotions in check. For instance, opt for "I was very disappointed when I saw my grade. I would appreciate the opportunity to retake the exam" over "I'm so mad about this grade and I want a do-over!"
- For example, if you’re writing to request information or a meeting with someone that must occur before a certain date to be of any use to you, politely make that clear in the conclusion.
- Even if your recipient ultimately does not grant your request, the fact that they have taken the time to read your letter and consider your wishes is worthy of thanks.
- If you’re sending a physical letter, leave 4 lines of empty space between the closing and your typed name. In this space, sign your name with a pen.
- If you’re enclosing any materials with your letter, insert this information after your closing, e.g. "Enclosures: 2."
- Try not to write your letter of request at the last minute. However, if you don’t have the time to let the letter incubate for a few days, enlist a friend to read it over for you before sending it off. They’re likely to catch errors you may have missed.
- A good way to assess your writing is to read your letter out loud. This will help you to notice any missing words and generally get a sense of whether the language flows well and strikes the appropriate tone.
- Try reading your letter backwards. This will help you catch grammatical or spelling errors you may have skimmed over while reading straight through.  X Research source
- It's a good idea to have someone else read your letter for this purpose as well. It’s much easier to overlook your own errors.  X Research source
- If you’re struggling to begin brainstorming , get 3 blank pieces of paper and label them "why I am writing this letter," "the purpose of this letter," and "other thoughts."
- Without worrying too much about details, take a few minutes and list your thoughts about the letter on these 3 pieces of paper.
- For example, what is this person's position, and how can they be of help? Will this person be making a final decision about your request, or making a decision about whether or not to pass your request on to a higher authority?
- It's also a good idea to consider the recipient's knowledge of the topic you’re writing about. If your reader is not well-versed in the topic you are writing about, this will necessitate a different type of writing (i.e., use of simpler language and the inclusion of more background information) than if your recipient is already an expert on the matter.
- Consider the main points you want to make and the secondary points you’ll use to support those points. Make sure your ideas are organized in a way that will make sense to your reader.
Video . By using this service, some information may be shared with YouTube.
- Make your request confidently and persuasively, but don't make demands. Don't try to manipulate your reader with emotional appeals, threats, or unrealistic promises. These types of appeals are more likely to offend your reader than persuade them. ⧼thumbs_response⧽ Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
You Might Also Like
- ↑ https://writingcenter.uagc.edu/writing-professional-letter
- ↑ https://sacd.sdsu.edu/student-ombudsman/writing-an-effective-appeal-or-request-letter
- ↑ https://crk.umn.edu/units/writing-center/how-revise-drafts
- ↑ https://www.touro.edu/departments/writing-center/tutorials/seven-steps-to-effective-proofreading/
- ↑ https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/multilingual/multilingual_students/key_concepts_for_writing_in_north_american_colleges/stages_of_the_writing_process.html
- ↑ https://writingcenter.unc.edu/tips-and-tools/audience/
- ↑ https://www.iup.edu/writingcenter/writing-resources/organization-and-structure/creating-an-outline.html
About This Article
To write a letter of request, start by greeting the recipient with “Dear,” followed by the person’s last name and title, or “To Whom It May Concern.” Then, briefly explain who you are and why you’re writing in the 1st paragraph. Next, provide additional context and details about your request in the 2nd paragraph. After that, use the 3rd paragraph to note any time constraints, and express your appreciation for their consideration. Finally, close with something like “Sincerely” or “Respectfully,” and your signature. For more information, including how to format your letter so it looks professional, read on! Did this summary help you? Yes No
- Send fan mail to authors
Did this article help you?
- Do Not Sell or Share My Info
- Not Selling Info
Get all the best how-tos!
Sign up for wikiHow's weekly email newsletter
- Ablebits blog
- Outlook Templates
Writing persuasive request letters: tips and samples
If your job involves business correspondence, then you certainly write request letters , occasionally or on a regular basis. This could be a job request, promotion or meeting requests, request for information or referral, favor letter or character reference. Such letters are difficult to write and even more difficult to write in such a way that encourages recipients to respond willingly and enthusiastically.
As to request for money letters , all sorts of sponsorship, donation, or fundraising requests, you would agree that it often requires a miracle to get a response : ) Of course, I cannot guarantee that our tips and letter samples you will do the miracle, but they will definitely save you some time and make your writing job less painful.
Time-saving tip ! If you are communicating by email, then you can save even more time by adding all these sample business letters directly to your Outlook. And then, you will be able to send personalized custom-tailored business emails with a mouse click!
All it takes is the Shared Email Templates add-in that you can see on the right. Once you have it in your Outlook, you won't have to type the same phrases over and over again.
Just double click the template and find the text inserted in the message body in a moment. All your formatting, hyperlinks, images and signatures will be in place!
Don't hesitate to check it out right now; a free version is available for download on Microsoft AppStore .
Well, back to writing business letters, further on in the article you will find:
Business letter format
- Tips for writing persuasive request letters
- Sample request letters
A business letter is a formal way of communication and that is why it requires a special format. You may not care of the letter format too much if you are sending an e-mail, but if you are writing a traditional paper business letter, the below recommendations may prove helpful. It is considered a good practice to print out a business letter on standard 8.5" x 11" (215.9 mm x 279.4 mm) white paper.
You needn't write the sender's name or title, as it is included in the letter's closing. Type only the street address, city, and zip code and optionally, phone number and email address.
- Date . Type a date a few lines below the letterhead or return address. The standard is 2-3 lines (one to four lines are acceptable).
- Re: Invoice # 000987
- Re: Your letter dated 4/1/2014
- On-Arrival Notices (optional) . If you want to include a notation on private or confidential correspondence, type it below the reference line in uppercase, if appropriate. For example, PERSONAL or CONFIDENTIAL.
- Attention Line (optional). Type the name of the person whom you're trying to reach. If you wrote the person's name in the Inside Address, skip the Attention Line.
- Dear Dr. Brown:
- Dear Ms. Smith,
If you do not know the recipient's name or are not sure how to spell it, use one of the following salutations:
- Dear Sir or Madam
- To Whom it May Concern
- LETTER OF REFERENCE
- COVER LETTER
- REQUEST FOR PRODUCT REPLACEMENT
- JOB INQUIRY
- Body . This is the main part of your letter, usually consisting of 2 - 5 paragraphs, with a blank line between each paragraph. In the first paragraph, write a friendly opening and then state your main point. In the next few paragraphs, provided background information and supporting details. Finally, write the closing paragraph where you restate the purpose of the letter and request some action, if applicable. See tips on writing persuasive business letters for more details.
- Respectfully yours (very formal)
- Sincerely or Kind regards or Yours truly (most useful closings in business letters)
- Best regards, Cordially yours (slightly more personal and friendly)
- Signature. As a rule, a signature comes four blank lines after the Complimentary Close. Type your name below a signature and add a title, if needed.
- Enclosures: 2
- Enclosures (2)
10 tips to write persuasive request letters
Below you will find 10 strategies to write your request letters in such a way that they convince your reader to respond or act.
- Know your addressee . Before you start composing you request letter, ask yourself these questions. Who is my reader and how exactly can they help me? Are they decision makers or will they just pass along my request to a senior officer? Both the style and contents of your request letter will depend on the reader's position.
- Do not be verbose . Be clear, brief and to the point. A rule of a thumb is this - don't use two words when one would suffice. Just remember the famous quote by Mark Twain - "I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead". A person in his position could afford that, and… he was not requesting anything : )
Here's a very poor example of a cover letter: " In every regard, my qualifications appear to be consistent with the desires expressed by your advertisement and based on the voice of your company's blogs, I really think that I was meant to be a [Position] in your company."
And this is a good one: " I have good skills and experience in [Your area of expertise] and I would be most grateful if you consider me for any suitable position."
- Add call to action . Put action in your request letters wherever is possible. The easiest way is to use action verbs and the active voice rather than passive.
- Convince but do not demand . Do not treat your addressees as if they owe you something. Instead, catch the reader's attention by mentioning common ground and emphasize the benefits of acting.
- Do not be burdensome . Give readers all the information needed and tell what exactly you want them to do. Simplify the job for the person to respond - include contact information, direct phone numbers, give links or attach files, whatever is appropriate
- Write in a friendly way and appeal to the reader's feelings . Though you are writing a business letter, don't be superfluously businesslike. Friendly letters make friends, so write your request letters in a friendly way as if you are talking to your real friend or an old acquaintance. We are all humans, and it may be a good idea to appeal to humanity, generosity, or sympathy of your correspondent.
- Remain polite and professional . Even if you are writing an order cancellation request or complaint letter, remain polite and courteous, simply state the issue(s), provide all relevant information and be sure to avoid threats and calumny.
- Mind your grammar ! Rephrasing a well-known saying - "grammar counts for first impressions". Poor grammar like poor manners may spoil everything, so be sure to proofread all business letters you send.
- Review before sending . When you have finished composing the letter, read it aloud. If your key point is not crystal clear, write it over. It's better to invest some time in re-writing and get a response, than make it fast and have your letter thrown away in a bin straight away.
And finally, if you've got a response to your request letter or the desired action is taken, don't forget to thank the person. Here you can find sample thank you letters for all occasions.
Samples of request letters
Below you will find a few examples of request letters for different occasions.
Sample letter of recommendation request
Dear Mr. Brown:
I hope you are doing well. I have warm memories of your remarkable leadership and support for teachers during my employment at XYZ High School.
Presently, I am applying to XYZ school district and am required to submit three letters of recommendation. I am writing to ask if you would write a letter of recommendation on my behalf.
I would like to provide you with some background information that may assist you, should you decide to write this letter <your background information>.
Attached, you will find a copy of my most recent résumé. Please feel free to contact me if you need any additional information. I look forward to hearing from you, and I thank you in advance for your time.
Request for information
Thank you for submitting your resume in response to the <position> we advertised. In addition to your resume, we also need three references and a list of past employers for the past three years, along with their phone numbers.
Our policy is to thoroughly review the background of each candidate in order to select the most suitable person for this job.
Thank you for your assistance. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Request for character reference
<Applicant> has applied with our company for a position in our <department>. He / she has given your name as a character reference. Would you be kind enough to provide us with your written evaluation of this person.
Please rest assured that your response will be treated with confidentiality. Thank you in advance.
I am sending this to you as a fellow member of our community. I'm sure that you value living in such a quiet and peaceful neighborhood, just like I do.
You know, sometimes in order to keep one's community quiet and peaceful one has to take action. As you may know, our local Community Committee has been meeting over the past two months to try to find ways to reduce the break-in rate in our area. Last week they released their recommendations on how best to combat that problem.
Their primary recommendation calls for increased police and security patrols to supplement the local Neighborhood Watch program. Unfortunately, the needed amount is not included in this year's municipal budget allocation.
Therefore, as a concerned member of this community I have decided that my business will donate $ for every $ raised in the community to cover the additional security costs. I urge you to join me today in supporting this worthy cause for our common good.
To make your donation today you can drop in to either one of our two stores and deposit your donation in the boxes provided near the front cashes. If you can't make it to the store, please send a check or money order, made out to "XYZ" and mail it to the address listed above.
Thank you in advance.
Requesting a favor
I am writing you to ask you for a favor that I hope you could do for me.
In less than three months I will be taking the <Examination>, with the hope to enter the <University or College>, where they have the best graduate school program for the course that I am interested in.
The school places an extremely high emphasis on a student's success in the exam, which is why I feel extremely pressured to get an above average score on the Graduate Record Examination.
Because you recently graduated with a degree in <science>, you are naturally the first person I thought of when considering who I could approach to assist me. I am not asking for too much time, I would really appreciate any pointers you could give me and a few lessons on the <sections>, which I feel are my weakest points.
I hope that you will give me a positive response. Thank you in advance.
Request for product return / replacement
On <date> I placed an order for the <product>, received it on <date>. I have discovered that the purchased product has the following problem: <add details>
Since the product you delivered is not of satisfactory quality <is not fit for the purpose>, I am entitled to have it <repaired / replaced> and I would request that you confirm that you will do this within the next seven days. I also require you to confirm whether you will arrange for the <item> to be collected or will reimburse me for the cost of returning it.
I look forward to receiving your satisfactory proposals for settlement of my claim within seven days of the date of this letter.
And this is all for today. Hopefully, this information will help you compose properly formatted business letter in general and persuasive request letters in particular, and always get the desired response. Thank you for reading!
You may also be interested in
- How to create and use e-mail templates in Outlook
- How to backup Outlook emails and other items (safe .pst backup)
- How to archive in Outlook automatically or manually (emails, tasks, calendar and other items)
Table of contents
- Sample Letters
FREE 44+ Formal Request Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
Do you have pressing needs that would require you to appeal to another person or organization in order to ensure its resolution? If so, then you must realize that the perfect method to gain approval is by the means of a formal request letter. This sample letter , when written with precise content and accurate format, can be your ticket to a request approval letter .
Formal Request Letters
Sample formal request letter - 8+ documents in pdf, word, sample donation request letter - 7+ examples in word, pdf, donation request letter - 8+ free download for word.
To help guide you in your request letter-writing , we are providing you with diverse templates of request letters . These templates are designed in order to cater to varying types of requests. To mention a few, we have request letters for job transfer, for leave, for appointment, and even for refunds! To maximize the usage of our helpful templates, scroll down below and download the ones that you deem suitable to your needs!
Sample Donation Request Letter for Non-Profit Template
- Google Docs
Formal Request Letter Template
Sponsorship Request Letter for Event Template
Printable Donation Request Letter Template
Job Transfer Request Letter for Personal Reason Format Template
Basic Corporate Sponsorship Request Letter Template
Sponsorship Request Letter Template
Transfer Request Letter Template
Sample Fund Transfer Request Letter To Bank Template
Permission Request Letter Template
Request Letter for Approval Template
Simple Request Letter Template
Refusal of Request for Letter of Recommendation Template
Size: A4, US
Letter of Request for an Equity Investment Template
Refusal of Employee Request for Early Raise Template
Appointment Request Letters Template
Business appointment request letter template.
Size: 25 KB
Medical Appointment Request Template
Size: 31 KB
Basic Meeting Request Letters Template
Formal meeting request template.
Size: 46 KB
Parent Teacher Meeting Request Letter Template
Size: 29 KB
Location Transfer Request Template
Size: 27 KB
Job Transfer Request Letter Template
Size: 75 KB
Sample Leave Request Letters Template
Vacation leave request letter template.
Size: 32 KB
Approval Request Letters Example
Sample approval letter for absence template.
Size: 24 KB
Budget Approval Request Template
Size: 44 KB
Leave Approval Request Response Letter Template
Size: 39 KB
What Is the Importance of Sending a Formal Request Letter?
Most of our requests are of a formal nature. Formal requests usually involve universities, corporations, government institutions, financial institutions, and even nonprofit organizations. That is why it is vital that you send a formal request letter that subscribes to the appropriate letter format that is required of the specific type of request that you are communicating.
The following are the advantages of sending a formal request letter:
- Mode of persuasion. In a letter, you have the liberty of arranging your thoughts in such a way that can convince the letter-receiver that your request deserves a positive response. The primary reason why a formal request letter is the most effective mode of persuasion is its allowance for specificity. This means that you better able to elaborate the details of your case and your qualifications if necessary. Through your words, you are able to paint a picture of your present predicament. Furthermore, you may enumerate all the possible advantages that the letter-receiver may reap from giving an approval to your request.
- Easier response. In a formal letter , you can directly state your wish for a response. Naturally, letters allow you to indicate your complete address and contact information. Hence, the letter-receiver would be saved from the hassle of searching for a way to contact you. In addition to that, your easy accessibility would make the letter-receiver more inclined to give you a positive response.
- Documentation. Formal organizations operate by documenting all the minute correspondences made during their organizational operations. It is for this reason that a formal request letter is an essential document for organizations. The proper documentation and storage of organizational documents are essential for future references. For example, your requests may be useful for them in the future when they are analyzing their effectivity and progress as an organization. Other than that, these formal request letters can be pulled out easily from the archive should there be legal court proceedings.
When Can You Use Request Letters?
The formatting of your request letter should depend on the type of request you are making. The following are instances when a request letter is necessary:
- If you are a job seeker, you can request for a job interview.
- If you are an employee or a scholarship grantee, you may ask for a refund.
- If you are a business owner, you may request for a business meeting.
- If you are a budding business owner, you may request for a business loan.
- If you are suffering from an illness or injury, you may request for a medical appointment.
- If you are an employee, you may request for a location transfer.
- If you are a college or post-graduate student who lacks financial backing for your education, then you may request for a scholarship grant or educational funding.
Indeed, request letters come in various forms. If you want to have a more in-depth understanding as to the specific types of request letters, you may view our collection of request letter samples ; moreover, our website contains a wealth of informative and enlightening request letter templates.
Formal Business Request Letters
Business meeting request letter template.
Size: 36 KB
Business Funding Request Template
Size: 28 KB
Cancellation Request Letters Outline
Insurance cancellation request template.
Size: 16 KB
Flight Cancellation Letter Template
Standard Donation Request Letters Template
Food donation request template.
Earthquake Donation Request Letter Template
Size: 71 KB
Payment Request Letters Format
Advance payment request template.
Customer Payment Request Template
Sample Permission Request Letters
Formal permission request letter template.
Size: 276 KB
Copyright Permission Request Template
Size: 45 KB
Formal Donation Request Letter
There are times when our funds are not enough to support our goals, projects, or plans. In such cases, we are forced to approach a charitable individual or institution who can help fund our plans.
If you are making a donation request letter, make sure that you are able to follow these guidelines:
- Select your prospective donors carefully. Before you write your donation request letter , it would greatly play to your favor if the prospective donors you will be writing to are those who have the propensity to feel sympathy for your predicament. To ascertain that they are inclined to donate to your goal or cause, you have to do your research first. Scour the Internet and other sources that can provide you with valuable candidates for your donors list.
- Follow the proper formatting of formal request letters. You can do this by referring to templates of request letters that are identical to the type of request letter you are about to make. You can opt to download our relevant donation request letters on this page. These templates can provide you with the proper content and flow of donation request letters.
- After you have observed the proper formalities, you may start the body of your donation request letter. Start with a short introduction of yourself and your affiliations if necessary. This is to be followed with a clear statement of your intention to request for a donation.
- Make explanations for your donation request. Then you may elaborate more on the circumstance that has thrown you in such a place of desperation or you may simply advertise the goodness of your cause, goal, or vision. When writing this part, always keep your words genuine and honest. Artificial exaggeration may cause your prospective donor to doubt the veracity of your statements.
- Conclude your letter. After you have made your appeal, you may conclude your letter with a suggestion that you are looking forward for a positive response. Then, add your contact information.
- Close your letter formally and affix your signature.
Location Transfer Request
Employees who have worked in a company for a long time have acquired certain rights or privileges. One such privilege is the right to request for location transfer. What this means is when you are a tenured employee, you may request your manager or employer to transfer you to another branch location of your company. The following are the information that must be included in your location transfer request letter :
- Provide a sample brief introduction of yourself and the number of years you have been employed in the company. You may use a conversational tone and express your sincere gratitude for the growth opportunities that the company has provided for you throughout the years.
- Then you will state your request to be transferred in another branch location of your company.
- Give a brief explanation why you want to be transferred. Do not give ambiguous and confusing statements. Be honest, clear, and concise.
- Humbly seek for approval in your concluding sentence. Then thank your manager or employer for the time and effort in reading your letter.
Refund Request Letters
Refund cheque request template.
Size: 12 KB
Bonafide Certificate Request Letters
Bonafide certificate request letter template.
Bonafide Certificate Request Letter for Passport Template
Bonafide Certificate Request from School Template
Size: 15 KB
Simple Appointment Request Letters
Business appointment request template.
Doctor Appointment Request
Size: 100 KB
Client Appointment Request
Size: 289 KB
Information Request Letters Template
Freedom of information request.
Size: 48 KB
Additional Information Request Letter
Size: 137 KB
Contact Information Request Letter Template
Size: 80 KB
Leave Request Letter
Employees are expected to go to their place of work at the time agreed in their employment contract . In moments when an employee is unable to go to work due to personal, medical, or emergency reasons, he/she is expected to file a leave request at least a few days before the planned leave. Large organizations have human resource departments to process leave requests. Oftentimes, human resource clerks or staff are flooded with a plethora of employee-management tasks, making it impossible for them to personally attend to leave requests. In such scenarios, a leave request letter is the best action for those who want to apply for a leave. If you are currently planning to write this letter, you may refer to our relevant templates on this page.
Insurance Cancellation Request
Insurance investment contract allows us to heave a sigh of relief upon thinking about the security of our future. No matter how beneficial an insurance may be to us, there are unpredictable situations that would force us to cancel our insurance. If you are planning to cancel your insurance due to a financial emergency, you can do so through an insurance cancellation request letter. This letter must be well-crafted in such a way that you are able to communicate the reason for your cancellation.
Business Appointment Request Letter
A business appointment request letter is written by business persons to other business owners, business partners, clients, and vendors. This type of request letter can assume varied forms depending on the nature of the business proposal, which is the subject for appointment. Business appointments are made with a goal in mind. Usually, these business appointments are organized when both parties of the appointment can perceive an actual or possible profit or business advantage from attending the said appointment.
The following are the usual reasons for a business appointment:
- Business partnership proposal
- Business proposals to potential clients
- Business proposals to potential vendors
- Outsourcing business proposals
For more information regarding the various types of business proposals, you may refer to our collection of proposal request letter templates. You may access these templates by clicking on the link provided.
Free 5+ contractor letter of intent samples in pdf | ms word, free 13+ sample notice to vacate letter templates in pdf | ms word | pages | google docs, free 29+ sample letter of interests in pdf | ms word, free 55+ sample invitation letter templates in pdf | ms word | apple pages | google docs, free 26+ sample hr letter templates in pdf | ms word, free 10+ sample salary negotiation letter templates in ms word, free 16+ sample job application cover letter templates in pdf | ms word, free 35+ sample reference letter templates in ms word | pdf, free 24+ sample retirement letter templates in pdf | ms word, free 10+ sample resignation letter for family reasons in apple pages | ms word | google docs, free 30+ sample quotation letter templates in pdf | ms word | google docs | pages, free 31+ sample thank you letters for appreciation in pdf | google docs | ms word | apple pages, free 16+ sample business invitation letter templates in ms word | pdf, free 12+ sample recommendation letter for colleague in ms word | pdf, free 14+ apology letters to teacher in pdf | ms word | pages | google docs, 9+ sample recommendation request letter - free sample ..., sample sports sponsorship letter - 6+ documents in pdf, sample request letter, 32 sample business proposal letters.
- All Categories
- Tips & Articles
- 4,001 Business, Sales & Personal Letters
31 FREE Sample Request Letters
A cordial and tactful request may get you what you want, choose a topic to view sample request letters:, more request letters, credit line, information, miscellaneous request, request related, articles related to request letters, recommended letter-writing resources.
Get Access to ALL Templates & Editors for Just $2 a month.
- Google Docs
- Apple Pages
- Illustrator (AI)
- MS Publisher
- Vectors (EPS)
- Google Sheets
- Apple Numbers
- Power Point
- Coloring Pages
- Video Online
18+ Formal Request Letter Templates
In the early stages of our lives, playing all sorts of different games was the go-to activity any time of the day in anywhere we would venture off. As we grew, we interacted more with some drinks or coffee with old and new friends. But as we grew older, we began to learn and practice a new behavior – being formal. You may also see request letter templates .
- Request Letter Samples
- Request Letter Examples
Free Bonus Request Letter
Free Information Meeting Request Letter
Free Request Letter for Annual Bonus
Free Proposal Request Letter
Free School Transfer Request Letter Template
Free Request Letter Format
Free Information Request Letter
Free Simple Vacation Request Letter Template
Refusal of Request for Letter of Recommendation Template
- Editable PDF
Letter of Request for an Equity Investment Template
Formal Request Letter Templates
Free formal request letter template.
Free Formal Request Letter to Principal
Free Formal Interview Request Letter Template
Formal Request Letter Template
Permission Request Sample Letter
Amendment Request Letter Sample
The Definition and the Parts of a Formal Request Letter
1. the date, 2. the inside address, 3. the greeting, 4. the body, 5. the complimentary close, 6. the signature, request letter example.
Request Letter for Records
Example of a Request Letter
Practice, practice, practice
More in letters.
119+ FREE & Premium Request Letter - Download NOW
Beautifully Designed, Easily Editable Templates to Get your Work Done Faster & Smarter.
Request Letter Sample ... Good Day! I, Mr. Joselin P, Branch Manager of (mention office name) located at (mention address), request to inform your
A business request letter is one you send in the course of your work to request something from another business. Your letter might be
Request Letter Template ... I am [Your name], from [Your company]. In continuation of our meeting on [Date], I would like to request [Details of request]. I am
For example: "I am a student in your drama 101 class," "I'm the president of the Boston Citizens Charity Fund, an organization you've generously
Sample letter of recommendation request ... Dear Mr. Brown: I hope you are doing well. I have warm memories of your remarkable leadership and
General Tips for Writing a Letter of Request · Use an appropriate business letter format. · Keep it simple. · If appropriate, provide the recipient with pertinent
The primary reason why a formal request letter is the most effective mode of persuasion is its allowance for specificity. This means that you better able to
Discover request letters written by experts plus guides and examples to create ... Request a change in a contract or agreement Request a copy of an official
Choose from simple, short, official, or professional request letter template samples that contain original fillable content that you can edit to your needs
I wish to request for you to grant my leave on December 20- 2018 to December 27, 2018. My reason for the request because we will be having our Family Reunion in