Food and Beverage Server Cover Letter Example
Food and Beverage Servers are responsible for delivering food and drinks to customers in restaurants, and the food service industry. These individuals work efficiently and work quickly and keep up with the demands of the kitchen. To get this job, one needs to write a job application that highlights your customer service skills, and experience.
In your cover letter for the Food and Beverage Server resume, you have to show your capability that the guests get exceptional quality food and beverage dining experience. Show your knowledge and skills from the beginning of the service cycle all through the dining process. Take a look at the following Food and Beverage Server Cover Letter Sample which will give you an idea of how to write a compelling cover letter.
- Cover Letters
Food and Beverage Servers provide patrons in restaurants and cafeterias. Typical work duties listed and associated with the position include taking orders from customers, collecting payments, replenishing stocks, making sure meals are served at the right temperature, preparing meals, taking orders from customers, resetting tables, and adhering to food safety standards.
What to Include in a Food and Beverage Server Cover Letter?
Roles and responsibilities.
- Greeting customers, and making suggestions.
- Answering all questions about beverages and the food.
- Ensuring quality service in the dining room .
- Preparing and serving desserts.
- Taking reservations and greeting the take-out counter customers.
- Applying safety regulations.
- Using sales techniques to retain customers and attract more.
- Preparing the bills for beverages and meals orders, taking the cash, and balancing the daily transactions.
Education & Skills
Food and beverage server skills:.
- The ability to tell customers about special.
- Good listening and speaking skills.
- The ability to create a great dining experience for customers.
- Customer service skills.
- A good memory to help remember various kinds of orders.
- Good stamina and physical strength.
- Professional appearance.
Food and Beverage Server Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Training in the food and hospitality sector.
Food and Beverage Server Cover Letter Example (Text Version)
When I learned of your need for a Food and Beverage Server to join your team at ***, I hastened to submit my resume for your perusal. I am a highly-experienced and hardworking individual having around 5 years of experience in the hospitality sector. Moreover, my passion for the hospitality and customer service sector, coupled with my diploma in Catering and food technology would prove to be a valuable asset to your team.
My background includes – experience in presenting menu and beverage information, enhancing the dining experience through stellar customer service, and ensuring inventory level is constantly maintained.
Mainly I am competent in the following areas –
- Intensive experience in presenting food and beverage menus and information professionally and kindly.
- Ensuring the dining room is sanitized and ready for service for the next guest.
- Checking the stations’ set-up and cleanliness.
- Writing the details of the orders.
- Inserting orders into the POS systems.
- Greeting guests and explaining specials.
- Delivering accurate orders to guests.
- Ability to maintain poise and focus in a fast-paced restaurant environment.
- Strong leadership skills, along with exceptional interpersonal skills.
With my prior experience, combined with my energy and desire to deliver my expertise to ***, I would like to discuss this position and my qualification in detail. I can be reached at (). Thank you for your time and consideration.
Sincerely, [Your Name]
Follow the below-mentioned tips to write a stellar cover letter –
- Show your personality – As the food and beverage servers are the faces of the restaurant, it is important to show the hiring managers your personality in the cover letter. Use words such as friendly, hardworking, and motivated.
- Mention your awards and accolades that you have received in the past at your work.
- Highlight your customer service skills.
- Demonstrate your strong understanding of the restaurant’s menu and provide recommendations to customers.
- Tailor your letter to the job description.
A good resume can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one using our Food and Beverage Server Resume Samples .
Customize Food and Beverage Server Cover Letter
Get hired faster with our free cover letter template designed to land you the perfect position.